Sunday, December 7, 2008

Dear MBTA, we need to talk...

Now this is non design/interwebs related, but I feel it must be said here: sometimes Boston T drivers are complete assholes. Look, I'm not rapping on them because I'm ignorant; I'm well-aware that they have a tough job with long hours, and dealing with people can be extremely exhausting and annoying. Believe me, I know.

Last night, I was coming back from a friend's house, and managed to catch a glimpse of the last T pulling into the station. Oh for joy, I made it on time! I ran down the stairs and sprinted up to the front doors. Unfortunately for me, the doors closed a few seconds before I made it to them. The conductor looks through the long glass at my hopeful face; conductor turns back to his dashboard and puts the train in gear; hopeful face slowly morphs to confused and frantic face; train chugs right past me; I stare longingly as the brake lights blur and the rickety (and completely unnerving, might i add) squeaks of turning wheels fade...'Bye Bye Choo Choo....'; the face of utter defeat. Really now? Granted all this action took place over a few seconds, but there was plenty of time to open the doors to me, knowing that there was no hope of a train behind him. I was stranded. Well, not really, I took a cab (on someone else's dime, but that's another tale) and made it back to my dorm 2 hours after I had left my friend's house. MBTA, I give you the bird for screwing me over last night. That was just not cool. I pay my fare. I sit quietly. I move in to let more people on. I let people off the train before I board. I do my part! The least you can do is let me on when I rely on you to bring me home when I have no other way. For shame.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude... when I am a T driver I will no doubt wait for your late ass. And then I'll proceed to make fun of you over the intercom.

MuffinLove said...

I'll beat them up.